Welcome to The Schmidt Show
Could Ivanka Trump be the next George W? I'm certainly not ready to make any endorsements for the 2024 election cycle, heck I am not even ready to make any endorsements for 2020. But in today's world of familial politics I think this could be a real possibility in the future. If you are looking for a passionate and engaging look at politics with a side order of not taking ourselves to seriously you are gonna love The Schmidt Show.
The Schmidt Show, Brad Schmidt, Politics, Conservatism, New Podcasts, Green New Deal, Economics, Leftist Deception, Socialism, Leftist Meltdown, Up and Coming podcaster, Conservative
**-- The Cliff Notes --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
Join us in our interactive chatroom #SchmidtHeads on Freenode!
-- Stay In Touch --
**Find all the resources for this show on The Schmidt Show Dashboard
brad [at] theschmidtshow.com
-- Twitter --Support The Schmidt Show
- Ivanka Trump leads the way at the Munich Security Conference — The President's daughter delivered a rousing speech at the 55th annual Munich Security Conference on Saturday. Accompanied by Vice President Mike Pence, and her husband, Jared Kushner, Ivanka schmoozed with world leaders at the summit discussing a wealth of topics such as trade and international security, as well as the the future of NATO.
- Ivankacare? Trump faces conservative opposition to family leave program. — “The biggest concern is the potential explosion of the program over time, and then having a federal program be the one source that everyone has to go to would not serve workers well,” Heritage Foundation research fellow Rachel Greszler told the Washington Examiner. “They would be far better off having a more tailored policy through their employer.”
- Trump’s Paid Family Leave Plan: What It Is, and What It Isn’t — The White House proposes a “fully paid-for” plan which, unlike recent proposals by Sen. Marco Rubio and Ivanka Trump, is not funded by shifted social security benefits. Rather, the plan is to be funded – in conjunction with state governments – through the unemployment insurance regime. Thus, it is still a “big government” plan, but not as much a big, federal government plan.
- Rubio rolls out paid parental leave bill — Rubio’s bill would allow new parents to receive early Social Security benefits to use for paid leave, in exchange for delaying the collection of Social Security benefits by about three to six months when they retire.
- Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate — At the Women’s March in Washington the weekend after Mr. Trump’s inauguration, the pop star Madonna said, “I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House.” Here hatred was a vanity, a braggadocio meant to signal her innocence of the sort of evil that, in her mind, the White House represented.
- Give Back? Yes, It's Time For The 99% To Give Back To The 1% — It's time to gore another collectivist sacred cow. This time it's the popular idea that the successful are obliged to "give back to the community." That oft-heard claim assumes that the wealth of high-earners is taken away from "the community."
- Defeating leftism is the only victory — ...leftism is just as profoundly unserious and simultaneously as grimly dangerous as any other hateful misology of modern life. This accounts for the stunning inconsistency and infantile sloganeering which even the most cursory glance at leftism reveals.
- When It Comes To Hate, The Left Beats The Right, Hands Down — But I was also called a psychopath, a sociopath, a sick bastard, and "a leech on the ass of humanity."